My Food Blog List

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mac Attack #21 Ice cream and brownies and macarons


I have toying with the idea to join Mactweets Mac Attack challenge. It's my first month doing the challenge. I was fascinated by Mac Attack members endless ways to do a macaron.. they are so creative! For Mac Attack #21 the theme was Ice Cream Dreams.


I choose to work with Rosewater filling:

100 g white baking chocolates at room temperature
80 ml whipped cream at room temperature
20 g butter, softened
2 tablespoon rosewater
few drops of pink coloring liquid

The shells are recipe using French meringue method:

100 g egg whites at room temperature
110 g ground almond
160 g icing sugar
60 g caster sugar
a pinch of pink coloring powder

I wanted ice cream and brownies and macarons.... my three favorites things to be in. This is what i came out with; a brownie crumb bottom, smooth rosewater macarons, topped by brownie ice cream with glaze of rosewater filling to finish her off :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's what I call a sundae. Wonderful flavors and such pretty macs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lora! Banana Macsplits was a brilliant idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, love how the pink filling oozes out! Looks like a delicious oooey gooey brownie mac sundae. Welcome to our MacTweets group--hope to see more macs from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hicookery! Thanks.... i'm newbie here:) You have such an awesome site. Am gonna try the korean bbg shortribs soon. look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete